Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Using Happy Memories to Get Through Tough Times.





I place great significance on happy memories. They keep me pushing through difficult times even when I feel like giving up. Recollections of wonderful moments remind me that they are possible despite my challenges.

When a loved one moves away, their absence makes me feel sad. But cherished memories of our good times together help me to feel closer to them. I avoid being distracted by the fact that they are far away.

It is easy to give into feelings of self-doubt during challenging times. But I think back to all the times when I was successful. I use those positive memories to drive my self-confidence. I become motivated by past successes.

Filling my mind with happy memories allows me to maintain a positive outlook. That outlook results in positive actions and an approachable demeanor.

By keeping myself upbeat, I am able to treat others with respect and consideration. Even when someone challenges my peace of mind, I use my mindset to respond constructively. The outcome is much better for everyone that way.

Today, I treasure those memories that take me back to a positive place. I commit to using them as motivation to reach for greater things. I avoid dwelling in a doubtful mindset because I know I have a good track record of succeeding amidst challenges.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1.    What can I do to turn challenging situations into positive experiences?
2.    What strategies can I use to get myself out of a self-doubting phase?
3.    How can I engage my loved ones who live far away so we continue to make good memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment