Saturday, July 26, 2014

How to Make the Best Decision



 

When I need to make a challenging decision, I determine the most viable options by considering all the available information, both positive and negative. I have confidence that I can make the best choices for myself.

 

First, I clarify what the actual challenge is. I let go of minor issues. For now, I find a solid handle on the troublesome situation. Next, I list my possible choices. Then, I circle the two best decisions that I can likely make, given the situation.

 

For each of those possibilities, I write down the pros and cons.

 

As I make my list of the pros, I take time to thoughtfully consider how things could go well if I were to make that selection.

 

As I write the cons, I try to imagine the downsides to the options I am considering.

 

I keep an open mind. When I am confident that I have considered everything, I am then ready to make a selection.

 

Today, I look at the positives and negatives when trying to determine the best way to go with a decision. I trust that I can consistently make the best decisions to live the life I desire by considering the pros and cons.

 

Self-Reflection Questions:

 

1.    How do I typically go about making a decision?

2.    When was the last time I weighed out the pros and cons of a situation before making a decision?

3.    What steps can I use to determine the positives and negatives of a situation prior to choosing my best options?

No comments:

Post a Comment