Six principles to build trust and generate advocacy:
1. KNOW ME
· Listen to me and understand my state of mind.
· Recognize the emotional side of my problem.
· Adapt to my needs.
· Remember me and my issues.
· Gauge my readiness to learn and understand in this moment.
And I will feel rewarded and recognized for being a valued customer!
2. TALK TO ME
· Calibrate your language to talk to me on my level.
· Don’t confuse me with tech-jargon that I don’t understand.
· Be straightforward; tell me the truth.
· Take the time to listen to my request and understand my needs.
And I will feel you are focused on me and understand my needs!
3. SHOW ME YOU OWN IT
· Be 100% accountable.
· Stick with me until I feel confident.
· Anticipate, respond and adapt to my needs through the journey.
· Help me know where to go for questions and issues.
· Act outside of a script, share real personal ideas and guidance.
· Don’t make me talk to a supervisor to get somewhere.
And I will give you credit for taking the time to resolve my issue!
4. BE OPEN WITH ME
· Inform me of the process.
· Don’t put me on “black hold”.
· Let me know where my queries stand at all times.
· Give me evidence and assurance that it’s fixed.
And I will feel I’m dealing with someone I can trust!
5. ARM ME
· Give me something to talk about (Wow Me).
· Give me the tools to teach others (Educate Me).
· Inspire me to discover new things I can do with my technology.
And I will welcome your communication with me!
6. VALUE ME
· Be available to me where, how and when I need help.
· Thank me for my business.
And I will feel appreciated!