Monday, August 4, 2014

Get Recharged


The Daily Reflection:

(a special note about this one: family and loved ones does not necessarily mean blood kin. Your family is who you choose them to be.)


Spending time with my loved ones recharges me.

 

Spending time with my family and friends restores my energy. My loved ones breathe new life into my days.

My family and friends help me to feel connected. I enjoy giving my time and support to the people close to me. I may cook a special dinner or give them a ride to the airport.

Quality time with my loved ones increases my ability to deal with stress. I bounce back from disappointments faster. I feel supported and loved by my friends.

When I am with my loved ones, I find myself smiling and laughing more. Movies and TV shows sem funnier when we watch them together. Being with loved ones can make difficult situations more bearable.

Most of all, it is easier to be my true self. I embrace myself with all my flaws and strengths. I receive validation. I am loved for who I am.

Sometimes we just hang out. We may do a load of laundry or watch a sunset. Other times we talk about anything from car troubles to our spiritual beliefs. I also ensure I spend time listening. I want to understand their views and experiences.

We share chores and adventures. Cleaning out the garage becomes more fun when we do it together as a family. Vacations become more exciting with a friend along for the sightseeing and scuba diving.

 

Today, I give thanks for my loved ones. Their presence fills me with energy and strength.

 

Self-Reflection Questions:

 

1.    How can I make more time in my schedule to spend with loved ones?

2.    How can I stay in touch with family and friends who live far away?

3.    What are some activities I enjoy sharing with family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment